April 22nd is Earth Day, the OCEAN needs YOU. Help us do our part as citizens of planet Earth by cleaning up a small portion of Huntington Beach. The clean up will start off near the pier and walk a short distance to collect as we go. Snacks and refreshments will be provided, but you can also bring a reusable water bottle or a small lunch for yourselves. Trash bags and gloves will be provided as well.
Join in for a day of earth-friendly fun and celebrate the 4th Annual Citywide EARTH DAY LA! LA Sanitation & Environment will again bring their trucks for kids to explore, and will have over 50 educational (and fun!) exhibits for the whole family to learn about sustainability. In the spirit of environmental awareness, we hope that you will consider taking public transportation to the event. You can plan your arrival at www.metro.net.
Food and beverage are free all day in our Food Tent, while supplies last. The Kids Zone has games, activities, and prizes for children as well as an Envirorazzi Photo Op!
Bring the kids and spend the day flying kites with your family and friends at Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park. We encourage you to bring your favorite kites to fly! Featuring activities and attractions incuding:
- *Aquarium of the Pacific mobile exhibit
- Kite building workshop (limited amount of free kites available )
- NBC4 Anthony Yanez meteorologist 4x4 truck weather radar demo
- Composting demos from the city ( composting bins available to purchase for $20.00 with a check )
- Free tree adoptions
- *Chalk art contest (limited space available -artist registration required email Kaltamirano@sbaycenter.com)
- Kid zone with jumpers , arts and crafts and kids chalk area
- Free Earth Day giveaways
- Readings from local Harbor City Librarian - Donna Atmur
- Tesla model X on display
- Professional kite demos
- CicLAvia- Free bike helmet raffle
- Food trucks
- Meet Reggie the alligator mascot
Earth Day is a FREE community festival where all of LA County is invited to spend the day with the staff of the Sanitation Districts. Learn from over 50 green exhibitors all the ways you can help the environment, take tours of the facilities and see how they convert waste into resources. Its not all about learning, come have fun too! Music, magicians, and face painters will make sure all ages have a good time.
See weblink below for further details.
Pacoima Beautiful welcomes you to honor Earth Day by joining in on a community cleanup and helping to create a community garden. Let's do our part to keep the planet and our community clean and green! Bring your friends and family along.
Service hours, tools, and lunch will be provided.
This Earth Day, bring your 5th-8th graders for an exploration of our relationship to the planet through art and history. Kids will learn how to take action about environmental issues that matter most. In addition to meaningful and facilitated museum tours, an art session will be offered with guidance from practicing experts from Art for Humanity, as well as guidance on creative activism from the director of Rock Your World.
Earth Day is an annual worldwide celebration to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Come join the City of South Gate in its 14th Earth Day Community Cleanup and Celebration event. Friends and families of all ages are welcome! Activities and attractions incude:
- Litter cleanup
- Bulky item pickup
- Tree planting
- Graffiti removal
- Flower planting
- Green exhibits
- Clothing Drive
- Free giveaways
- Free self-serve mulch
- Free oil recycling kits
A signed waiver is required to participate in the litter cleanup, bulky item pickup, tree planting, and graffiti removal activities. To download a waiver form, visit weblink below.
Join the cleanup effort while inspiring and educating a new generation on how to create a more sustainable future! This FREE community & family-oriented event will feature:
- Live Music Performances by 3rd Rock Hip Hop | Kids will learn about environmental awareness through hip hop music
- Interactive Environmental Exhibits | Visit these interactive booths to learn about all the ways you can help the environment
- STEAM Educational Activities by the Two Bit Circus Foundation
- Recognition Ceremony for Winners of the CAN THE TRASH!
- Clean Beach Poster Contest | Winners from each Supervisorial District will see their artwork displayed around beach trash barrels
- Beach Cleanup with Heal the Bay(12pm – 2pm)
NOTE: All individual cleanup volunteers must print, complete, and submit a signed beach cleanup waiver form in order to join the cleanup. Waiver form avalaible at: http://sites.healthebay.org/assets/pdfdocs/waivers/aab_eng.pdf
Registration encouraged. See weblink below for registration page.
Join the festivities recognizing Mexican victory of the Battle of Puebla, at the world famous Pueblo de Los Angeles on Olvera Street! Immerse yourself in this total cultural experience celebrating Mexican traditions, customs, history, and arts! The festive weekend festival features popular and traditional music, exhibitor booths, cultural dancing and plenty of delicious Mexican food.
The Coliseum would like to invite you, your friends, and your family to come on down to to their historic Olympic Plaza to celebrate Cinco de Mayo on Sunday, May 5!
- Live music and various activities for the whole family
- Games (win free stuff!)
- Meet celebrity MC’s and radio/TV/sports personalities
- Play in the “Kid’s Playland”
- Cocktails in the beer garden
For those partaking of adult beverages, be sure to arrange a designated driver or another safe way home!