Japanese American National Museum invites you and your family to learn about Japanese American history and actor/activist George Takei with crafts and activities inspired by "Instructions to All Persons: Reflections on Executive Order 9066" and "New Frontiers: The Many Worlds of George Takei."
• Assemble and take home a special mini-comic book to learn about the lives of famous Japanese Americans
• What does America mean to you? Take a souvenir photo in our JANM x Kizuna Photo Booth, presented by Nerdbot
• Join us for story time with JANM and Kizuna volunteers who will read stories that share the Japanese American experience
• Learn to make spam musubi, the delicious and uniquely Japanese American treat
• Assorted crafts, origami, puppets, and drawing activities to teach children about Japanese American history and culture and much more!
Visit http://janm.org/familydays2017 for the complete schedule of activities.
Celebrate Earth Day 2017 with the Sanitation District’s annual event in Whittier! Join us for a fun afternoon featuring educational activities for all ages including tours, performances, and eco-friendly arts and crafts to promote a healthy environment.
Vegan Street Fair is an annual *FREE* vegan food celebration where local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants and vendors come together to serve you bite-size portions of vegan eats all in one place.
All bite-size portions are $4 max.
- Beer Garden at the Federal Bar
- WAY more space
- TONS more vendors of all kinds
- Pay vendors directly
- More activites and games
- Entrance is FREE but if you prefer the VIP treatment, passes can be found HERE- http://bit.ly/2iYXMPs
Come on out to this free, family friendly event filled with comics, collectibles, artist and creators as well as cosplay and maybe a surprise guest or two.
In celebration of Earth Day, Green Education Inc. presents the 4th annual Green Prize Festival! And as always, it is a community-based, all volunteer FREE EVENT! Our goal is to connect all neighborhoods to this celebration of green goodness.
At Houghton Park
Join us for a forum on immigration followed by a “Know Your Rights” Resource fair.
- Hear from your city elected officials
- Share your concerns
- Get legal advice from immigration experts
* Light snacks and refreshments ** Spanish Translation services will be available ** Activities for children age 2 and older. Space is limited to first 50 kids. *
Please RSVP at http://bit.do/SELA_CommunityForum or call at (213) 201-1120.
The KidFitStrong Fitness Challenge is the nations largest mobile fitness event traveling from coast-to-coast dedicated to keeping kids active and healthy. At the KidFitStrong Fitness Challenge, kids of all ages get the opportunity to flex their physical fitness by participating in a completion-based obstacle course designed to challenge speed, strength, agility and overall physical fitness.
This event is FREE to the public and features a variety of activities for the whole family to enjoy including active gaming fun for all ages and on-site programming designed to inspire kids and families to live a more active and healthy lifestyle!
Hosted at: UCLA
Los Angeles Supervisor Hilda L. Solis & El Monte HIgh School District present a Free Neighborhood Concert.
* Inside Rosemead High School Auditorium
*Tickets muct be reserved by calling 626-350-4500
*Free Parking onsite
- Hosted by: Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies at Cal State Los Angeles
- Free Immigration legal consultations for Cal State University, Los Angeles students and Families by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Please contact: Andres or Francisco for an appointment at (213) 347-0025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No walk-ins.
An outdoor family friendly art walk highlighting local businesses and artists.