L.A. County Board Supervisor Janice Hahn and the L.A. County Department of Military & Veterans Affairs (MVA) will host the first Fourth District Veteran’s Resource Day for homeless vets at Liberty Community Plaza. The event begins at 10 AM and will include color guard, invocation, music, food and a variety of speakers. All veterans in need are welcome. Supervisor Hahn will kick off the day with inspiring words on the benefits we all receive because of the sacrifices our troops have made defending our liberty and freedom.
A wide variety of resources will be provided, including:
- Hot meals
- Assistance with veteran benefits
- Mental health and medical services
- Legal aid
- Primary care, vaccinations and flea control will be available for pets, courtesy of LA County Animal Care and Control.
- Activities for children, such as movies in the Metro Experience Trailer and hygiene kits provided by the American Red Cross.
Thursday November 15th, 2018 | 9:30AM - 2:00PM
14181 Telegraph Rd.
Whittier, CA 90604
You Served Your Country and Now You Need a Job
Unemployed Veterans Should Take Advantage of This Unique Employment Opportunity
Positions Available in the Following Sectors:
- Hospitality Positions
- Sales and Marketing
- Drivers (A & B Class License or Training)
- Labor Workers
- Security Officers
- Customer Service and More!
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- ID and Social Security Card or valid U.S. Passport
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Address
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher if applicable
Join the Redondo Beach Veterans Memorial for their Veteran's Day Tribute to honor the dedicated members of the United States Armed Forces
Join the Torrance VA Medical Center for their 8th annual Welcome Home Celebration, commemmorating a century since the end of World War I.
The City of Torrance presents their Veterans Appreciation Lunch and Resource Fair with free admission featuringL:
- Resource Booths
RSVP by 10/26 at (310)618-5880
Get your resume ready for this employment fair presented by the San Gabriel Valley Veteran's Employment Committee and America's Job Centers of California.
- Law Enforcement/Security
- Housing Assistance
Hop aboard the Battleship USS Iowa and prepare to embark for the third annual Veteran's Day Music Festival to honor our nation's veterans.
- Live music
- 20-gun salute
- Free food
- Free admission for active, retired, and reserve military
Active/Retired/Reserve Military: Free, Adults: $19.95, Children 3-11: $11.95
Join Congressman Ted Lieu for a community forum aimed at establishing a greater understanding between local veterans and the friends and neighbors for whom they served.
Veterans are invited to share what their service means to them. Nonveterans are invited to attend, listen, and learn.
Join the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO for their 4th annual Veteran's Day Breakfast at Patriotic Hall.
- Free breakfast
- Keynote speaker Dr. Vito Imbasciani - Secretary of CA Dept. of Veteran's Affairs
Join RecruitMilitary at the Long Beach Convention Center for their job fair targeting veterans in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Job Opportunities
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Business Ownership Opportunities