The VA of Greater Los Angeles is happy to be hosting a series of connect days to provide crucial services to ensure no one who has served our Country is sleeping on the streets of Los Angeles or in a shelter with their family.
Connect days offer homeless individuals and their families access to housing benefits and medical services.
Connect days will also aim to:
- Create a unique opportunity for homeless veterans to access services in a supportive community setting.
- Provide the necessary connections for homeless individuals and families to get started on the pathway to self-sufficiency.
- All locations will have medical services available
Recommended Documents to bring:
- Valid State ID (or VA ID if absent)
- Social Security Card
- DD214 (must have for HACoLA)
- Proof of Income (award letters dated within 30 days and from all sources)
- Bank Statements (3 most current months, if applicable)
- Marriage license (if married)
- Proof of Custody (if separated from spouse and children will reside with veteran)
- Birth Certificate of Child (for all children that will be residing with the veteran)
24-Hour Homeless Veterans Hotline: 1-877-424-3838
Children of those who have served or are serving in the U.S. military ages 1- 12 can spend a day enjoying crafts, music, toys, games, snacks, books and more.
*Registration is free. A successfully completed and confirmed registration is required for entry and will be acknowledged with an email containing directions, parking, and other important information.
*Location Details: Los Angeles Public Library - Central Library Mark Taper Auditorium
This event is industry-focused in Engineering, Information Technology, Skilled Positions, and Management. Veterans are asked to first enroll in the U.S.VETS Career Development program, call Maggie Cutler (213) 223 8376. This event is geared towards connecting you with recruiters for one-on-one opportunities who are interested in hiring veterans.
Follow-up after the event will include interview preparation, and application tracking. *Available to U.S.VETS enrolled veterans-only* Event Includes: Continental breakfast and raffle for Amazon Giftcards
Employers will Include:
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Marvin Engineering
- Teledyne Controls
- PRIDE Industries
- Intercontinental Hotel of Los Angeles
- And more!
For full list of openings, please visit the employers' website before the event, and apply to the positons you are interested in.
- Come to the event prepared with:
- Several copies of your resume
- Several copies of your DD214
- A Full list of positions you have applied to before the day of the event
- Requisition number of positions you have applied to
Join us for the day for an opportunity to directly connect with medical recruiters. Onsite interviews will be provided for qualified candidates that have applied. Veterans will also have an opportunity to receive specialized IT support from a Human Resources representative for new and pending applications.
EMPLOYERS ATTENDING THE EVENT:
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Systems
- Avanti Hospitals: Memorial Hospital of Gardena, East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital, Coast Plaza Hospital, Community Hospital of Huntington Park
- Fresenius Medical Care
* At Bob Hope Patriotic Hall
*Wednesdays are ENROLLMENT dates only.
Pick a Date to ENROLLMENT in the 14-day Veteran No Cost Security Officer Class. Once you attend a Wednesday Funding/enrollment date, you will know when you will be able to start the 14 day straight training. The class starts on a Monday and the hours are 8am to 3pm M-F.
This "No Cost Armed Security Officer Training for Veterans" provides a comprehensive 14-day in a row training course that will enable a veteran to become an Armed Security Officer with salaries that range from $15 to $28 per hour. The class is M-F 8am to 3pm.
Documents to bring to your Class Enrollment:
- DD-214 (If Applicable)
- Drivers License or State ID
- Social Security Card or Birth Certificate or Passport
- Register on CalJobs
- Lay-off letter if applicable
- Last 6 months of Pay Stubs or bank statements for alternative funding sources
Hosted by: Veterans Transition Support
A FREE half day of presentations to help you better care for your Veteran, your family, and yourself.
8:30am - 9:00am
Coffee and danishes provided
9:00am - 10:00am
Learn about PTSD and how it impacts your family. Plus, gain toos to help you face ongoing challenges.
10:15am - 11:15am
How to co-parent and make plans or life decisions when your partner or spouse has PTSD, TBI, or substance issues.
11:30am - 12:30pm
How to advocate to get what you need for your Veteran, your family and yourself. Successful methods to communicat effectively to navigate obstacles.
To register: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07edvcif52f4b40e9e&llr=4pawelhab
or call: (800) email@example.com
The clinc is presented free of charge by the Los Angeles Superior Court Family Law Facilitator's Office.
At Patriotic Hall.
Reservations are required. Reserve your spot by contacting (213) 765-9225.
Information that will be helpful to bring to the clinic if you have them:
- Copies of any court documents
- Copies of anything you have received from the Child Support Services Department
- Your 2 pay stubs
- The last 2 tax returns that you filed
- Your photo ID
Friday April 28th, 2017 |
1816 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles Ca 90017
Mindful Warrior is sponsoring a special musical event with Singer/Songwriter/Veteran/Advocate Jason Moon
Jason will be in Los Angeles to receive the Global Peace Song Award in the Folk Music Category for his song "Trying to find My way Home."
Come enjoy his music, stories, humor, and inspiration followed by refreshments and time for personal conversation along with a gift of Jason's latest CD for each veteran attending as guests of the Mindful Warrior Project.
Donations request to help cover costs, but not a requirement - all are welcome to join us.
*allow plenty of time to find free street parking
Sunday February 12th, 2017 | 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Brentwood Presbyterian Church
12000 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90049